Sunday, April 24, 2011

Besties!

Growing up, I had fun playing with my brothers: building forts, football in the cul-de-sac, climbing in the treehouse. But I realized there was always something missing - - I never had a sister. (Not that mom and dad had a choice in our genders!)

I feel lucky now, cuz I have some of the best girlfriends in the world - - they are there for me thru thick and thin. We laugh together and cry together. We gossip. We eat together and gain weight together. We diet together and lose weight together. We do crafty things together. We cross finish lines together. We read books together. We talk about politics, religion, sex - - all the "off limits" topics. We go thru dating drama, weddings, divorces, surgeries, births, and deaths together. We trust each other with secrets that we won't share with anyone else.

I don't have to name my besties, cuz they know who they are... Here's to you, girls - - you are more than just my besties... you are my sisters! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment